Permission to reprint has been given by Pan zi.
Thank you for the wait, and I’m happy to say that my storenvy has been reopened and new A5 prints have been added *throws confetti at myself*
I would recommend reading this post before purchasing or participating in the giveaway.
Size: A5, 21cm x 14.8cm
(some prints are slightly smaller in width/height, depending on artwork size)
Price: 5 USD
Shipping Price: 1 USD (Asean + Asia Pacific), 2 USD (International)
Paper: Ivory Card, 180 gsm
Other products which are currently available at the store:
- Pin badges (I’m gonna add this in but I don’t have much left)
- I’ll add larger prints next time and when the post office stops being such a bitch
4+2 Free Promotion
Purchase four A5 prints and receive two A5 prints for free
2+1 Free Promotion
Purchase two A5 prints and receive one A5 print for free
Sale ends at 1st September 2014.
- I ship worldwide.
- Two winners will win an A5 print of their choice (shipping included, so you don’t have to pay for anything).
- You must be following me (rynisyou or sheryn-ng, whichever blog is fine), since this gift is my thanks for your support. If you have multiple tumblr blogs for reblogging, just list your main blog on the sidebar.
- You can like and reblog as many times as you want.
- No giveaway blogs.
- Remember to activate your ask box. I will message the winner through there. (my main account is ofpapersandinks, so please don’t think it’s a spam when I message you lol)
- Do not edit or delete the text I’ve written in this post or you’re disqualified. I will check everything above before putting you into the list.
- If the response is good for this round I may add more winners.
- Giveaway ends at the midnight, 30th August 2014 (GMT+0). Winner will be announced at 31st August 2014, 10.00PM (GMT+0). If you do not respond to my ask (in private) in 24 hours, I will pick another winner.
Thanks again for your support, and good luck.
a few serious answers hahahaha
and ofc i’d make it for frederick
#campaign: the world needs more frederick fanart
Lamento -Beyond the Void-: Rhapsody to the Past
Track 1 Translation
Track 2 Part 1 Translation
Track 2 Part 2 Translation
Track 3 Translation
Track 4 Translation
Track 5 Translation
Track 6 Translation
Track 7 Translation
Track 8 Translation
Track 9 Translation
Track 10 Translation
Track 11 Translation
Track 12 Translation
Track 13 Translation
Track 14 Translation
Track 15 Translation
~Translations aren’t mine. Links lead to the original translation~
Hello DMMD friends! Here for a quick spoilery reminder. Because on the one hand I don’t want to be the no fun brigade — do what you like in your fics and your pictures and your posts you’re free go wild — but I do see one thing bandied around a lot that I worry is providing misinformation to newer fans so I wanted to clear it up in case it was :3
(I do want to write a full cited and sourced version of this but that will involve making notes on multiple routes so give me a couple weeks)
This is that “Shiroba” = “Sly Blue”. There aren’t two different personalities at work, they’re the same personality. It’s confirmed in True Route that Aoba only had three personalities - Desire (sometimes called Instinct in translation but it’s the same thing), Reason, and Restraint. Well, Restraint took himself out of the equation, so that leaves him with two (and a big gap in some reactions where Restraint was). Reason is the “Dominant” personality, so usually we think of Reason as “Aoba” but all three parts were, when they were in Aoba, “Aoba”.
After Aoba’s parents left, Aoba went a little wild; Restraint was no longer able to be ‘heard’ so he went off to try to find a way to BE heard. This left Aoba as Reason + Desire. This combination of personalities, working together, was what fandom calls “Sly Blue”*. But it was a combination! Both roles were active in Aoba - Aoba was actively ‘listening’ to Desire. After he went too far and risked being discovered by Toue, Virus and Trip wiped his memory (What the fuck how did they do this I don’t understand what powers do you have, Vitri) and combined with Aoba’s guilt over making his grandmother upset, Desire got pushed down into the subconscious. Tae medicated Aoba to keep him from ‘listening’ to his other voices - as a result when Desire tried to communicate with him, he got headaches rather than any close combined personality.
So, the split we see in the game itself is “Reason”, who has suppressed “Desire”. “Aoba” as we see him is Reason acting on his own, uninformed by his other personalities; “Death and destruction” voice piping up is Desire trying to push his way back in. People often call this character “Sly Blue”, but it’s actually the opposite of the years that Aoba used “Sly Blue” as a rhyme game nick - it’s Desire and Reason opposed to each other and vying for dominance rather than sharing space.
Finally, there’s “Shiroba”. I see a lot of people call Shiroba a separate personality from Desire(/”Sly”), because they act a bit different. But Shiroba is Desire as the dominant personality, having suppressed Reason. Keeping in mind that Desire’s actual goal is reunion with Reason to make a joint Desire-Reason Aoba, suppressing Reason is actually not something Desire wants, but he wants to survive as a person and not be crushed/dissolved by Reason, so he takes ‘take over as Aoba’ as a more achievable goal since Reason won’t listen to him to even try to go back into harmony with him. He loses his coloration presumably because the coloration is a social adaptation (keeping in mind that Aoba was born with the lack of pigmentation/that’s considered his “true” self) and once he takes over he no longer tries to adapt at all. (Relatedly, btw, “Shiroba” is a name change in fandom only and never used in canon: for those who aren’t familiar with Japanese - Ao = blue, Shiro = white, so the fandom nicknames pigmentless Aoba based on his color change). And the reason he acts different is that a) Reason is crushed inside himself the way Desire had previously been crushed and suppressed, so we’re seeing the first look at Desire where Reason isn’t dominant and b) he’s living a life he didn’t want but he didn’t want to be destroyed either, and he’s incredibly self-destructive as a result. (There are some loooovely Shiroba breakdown comics I’ve seen around that portray this beautifully ahsdfj). But he’s definitely still Desire; the tug of war between Reason and Desire is the entire sub-plot of every route, with Desire both trying to protect and crush Reason because what he wants is to be with Reason and can’t have either, so the Shiroba end is the bad end result of “a broken mind without Reason” to parallel Koujaku’s in that end.
Finally! What this means is that on True Route, at the end, what we have is a Desire-Reason meld again. A lot of people think it’s just Aoba(/Reason) but the True Route literally confirms that he takes Desire in as part of himself and no longer thinks of him as a second person. Everything around their interactions with Sei in their True Forms and Aoba(/Reason) reaching out to let himself be mirrored with Desire is accepting them as a whole, rather than halves. The reason the “other him” is gone is because there is no other; there is only a “him” made of the two of them as one being. (I had another essay before about this but disassociative personality disorder is usually aimed to be treated with 1) suppression or 2) balance as separate beings or 3) reintegration; the ultimate ‘good end’ in DMMD for Desire and Reason is reintegration and for Reason-Restraint is balance). There’s now love in his life and more life experiences and much better coping mechanisms and even less split than before, so he doesn’t go back to acting like his wild teenage years, but True Route endgame Aoba is Desire/Reason, while all other good endgame route Aobas is just Reason.
Baby Aoba = Desire + Reason + Restraint
Teenage Aoba/Sly Blue = Desire + Reason
Gameplay Aoba = Reason - Desire
Koujaku Bad End Aoba = Desire - Reason
True End Aoba = Desire/Reason amalgamation
* Relatedly, keep in mind that Desire himself never uses the name Sly Blue, nor does anyone use it to refer to him - Noiz uses it to refer to Aoba-during-rhyme, because it was Aoba’s Rhyme Name during the years he played rhyme, which were also his Reason + Desire years. Having characters call Desire “Sly” is much like having them call Noiz “Rabbithead” - kind of doable in an online context but kinda weird in real life. I totally understand how posts do this — it clarifies what personality people are talking about without awkwardly juggling Aoba-Psyche-Roles — but maybe be cautious having characters icly call him Sly, because one of Desire’s main traits throughout the game is how he constantly reasserts that he is Aoba and wants to be Aoba. I can’t imagine him actually reacting well to being assigned a totally new name, instead of a role of Aoba. Again oocly whatever, and also have fun with whatever you want to have fun with icly too, just a reminder for ic things to help explain the situation especially for people just sliding into the fandom.
I know Aoba has been working on part-time job.. and I just want to see how he could handle my dream part-time job: Teddy Builder…
p.s Ask me any question about drawing or request.
human, behave yourself, you’ve burst at the seams
this was a wip page of a mini-comic that takes place post-platinum jail about mink letting out all his feelings about aoba to tori but i got mega lazy and dont feel like finishing it _(:3 tl;dr i like to draw mink crying bc im a meanie
Dramatical Kamigami Part II!
Mink as Hades
Used elements of dmmd and reconnect Mink, and his tattoo is based off of the geometric patterns of the blankets and pillows Mink has.
These are edits from scans of the Kamigami no Asobi Art book.
i feel like i haven’t drawn anything decent in a really long time….???
But here is a ren eating green-bean pastry